- Expert ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Solid ability to operate and use janitorial tools (small/electric drills, saw, regular hand tools, etc.), equipment, and supplies such as a vacuum cleaner.
- Solid communication, interpersonal skills; good client/customer service skills.
- Solid ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Solid ability to prioritize multiple tasks; organize and coordinate tasks.
- Solid ability to work effectively and be proactive.
- Solid knowledge of hazards and safety rules.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning and sanitizing products or willing to learn.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Must have valid Driver’s License and good driving record; required to operate company vehicle for business related errands
Minimum of six (6) months general custodial or building maintenance experience required.
No supervisory responsibility.
Physical effort is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, stand, bend, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Overtime work is possible.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions